A sorter is stationed at various strategic locations along a moving conveyor line. The primary responsibility of the sorter position is to quickly identify and physically remove unacceptable material from the recycling stream. The environment is fast-paced and physically demanding; the sorter position requires an individual have specific skills and abilities to keep up assigned daily workload.
Skills and Abilities:
- Good balance
- Good dexterity in both right and left hands
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Able to differentiate colors and shapes
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Able to climb stairs
- Able to work at elevated heights
- Able to regularly lift 25 lbs
- Other tasks as needed and determined by the Site Supervisor
The sorter shall be responsible for acting in the best interests of the Southeastern Oakland County Resource Recovery Authority in performance of all regular duties and reports to the Site Supervisor.